A’ Grade by The “NATIONAL ASSESSMENT AND ACCREDITATION COUNCIL”(NAAC)
How Can We Help You ?
We are happy to answer all your admission related enquiries. Fill out the form and we will be in touch with you shortly.
“Reinventing & Re-envisioning Teacher Education for Future Generation”
K J Somaiya College of Education,A Constituent College of Somaiya Vidyavihar University
K J Somaiya College of Education is an internationally recognized premier institution that offers to the society globally competent teachers who are humane, collaborative and multicultural in their outlook. It offers a very comprehensive, global & innovative curriculum which is based on the actual needs of the schools in India and across the world. The college has close association with reputed schools brands globally.
First College of Education in Maharashtra to be conferred Autonomous Status by UGC
First Private University in Mumbai vide the Maharashtra Self - Financed Universities Act
5th best College of Education in India(2017) & 7th best college(2016) by INDIA TODAY & NIELSEN Rankings
Provisional Admissions open for
- Direct admission to candidates having 60% and above at graduation /post graduation level.
- Admission to candidates with percentage between 50% to 59% on basis of Somaiya online interview/ MAH-CET/ any other state CET.
- On the basis of Graduation Percentage for PGDEM.
What do you want to study ?
Distinguished Schools/Colleges who recruit our students
As an important academic unit of Somaiya Vidyavihar University (SVU), College of Education will enhance students’ exposure to-
- An array of interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary core and elective courses related to the discipline of Teacher Education
- A holistic approach to education: Lifelong learning skills such as working in teams, time planning, event management, crisis management, community engagement, with a human centric approach.
- Unparalleled learning experience with focus on experiential learning & Research exposure via research projects
- Opportunities such as internship & shadow teaching in various schools of State, CBSE, ICSE and International Boards for hands-on experience and exposure to real classroom settings.
- A wide range of add-on Diploma/Certificate courses like School Counselling, Educational Leadership, Human Rights Education, Design Thinking, Research in Education, Experiential Environmental Education, Educational Technology, Queering Teacher Education, Instructional Design, Innovations in Educational Assessment, Educational Management & Edupreneurship, Teacher Education with an International Perspective.